Scratches and chips in the paint on your Volvo can be an eyesore. It is not only unsightly, but it also decreases your car’s value. If you know what you are doing, you can easily touch up the paint on your Volvo. This guideline provides a step-by-step explanation of how to apply Volvo touch-up paint easily.
What you will need
- Volvo Touchup Paint
- Order the correct Volvo touch-up paint based on the color code.
- Make sure you paint your Volvo when the temperature is over fifty degrees F.
- Wash the damaged area with soap and water.
- Use a wax and grease remover on the area and place masking tape around the area to protect the rest of the paint.
- If the damaged area has rust, remove this first before painting. You can do that with 200-grit sandpaper.
- Apply a thin layer of auto primer to the area you are going to paint. Don’t apply a large amount of primer all at once; apply small amounts in thin layers to get the best result. Let the primer dry before you apply the touch-up paint.
- Now you can apply the Volvo touch-up paint to the scratched area only. You’ll want to apply several thin layers of the paint, allowing each layer to dry for about five minutes before applying the next layer.
How to Find Volvo Touch-Up Paint Color
You need to find the correct paint code for your car, which will guarantee that you get the perfect color match. This number is located on the radiator support and on the sheet metal on either side of the engine compartment.
Volvo paint code is a three-digit number.
Paint Code Location
- XC90, C70, S40, S60, S70, S80, V40, V70 INSIDE THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT
- C30, S40, V50, XC70 ON THE REAR PASSENGER SIDE DOOR COLUMN
Once you find the paint code, you can order the correct paint. Touch-up paint comes in spray cans and touch-up pens. Depending on how big the area you need to paint, you can determine if you need a pen or a spray can.
You can purchase Volvo Touch Up Paint online.
We hope you find the Volvo Touch Up Paint Instructions guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Volvo.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!