Can’t close your Mercedes-Benz trunk door due to a faulty trunk latch? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing the trunk door latch of your vehicle. This guide is a step-by-step procedure for replacing the trunk door latch on a 2014-2019 Mercedes-Benz GLA250 X156.
What you will need
- Trunk door latch (Mercedes-Benz GLA250)
- T30 Torx screwdriver
- 10mm nut driver or 10mm socket wrench
- Remove the door trunk panel. For more help, see this guide.
- Remove the T30 screws on the trunk’s door latch using a Torx screwdriver and twist it counterclockwise.
- Disconnect the electrical connector of the door latch by unlocking the clip and pulling the connector out.
- Disconnect the two electrical connectors on the box module by pressing the clip and pulling the connector out.
- Remove the box module by removing the 10mm bolt. Use a 10mm nut driver or socket wrench to remove the bolt.
Access Factory Repair Manuals
The YOUCANIC Pro Manuals offer OEM Factory Repair Manuals with detailed steps and illustrations, comprehensive wiring diagrams, torque specifications, and access to technical service bulletins and OEM service information, mirroring dealership manuals.
- Remove the cable on the trunk door latch by simply pulling it out.
- Pull the trunk door latch out of the vehicle.
- Get the replacement trunk door latch, install the door latch cable, and line it up back to the vehicle.
- Reinstall the T30 screws on the door latch and tighten it by twisting the Torx screwdriver clockwise.
- Reconnect the electrical connector of the door latch and push the clip to lock it in its place.
- Slide the box module back to the trunk and reinstall the 10mm bolt.
- Connect the two electrical connectors back to the module.
- Reinstall the door trunk panel. See this guide for more help with this step.
We hope you find the Replace Trunk Door Latch Mercedes-Benz GLA250 X156 2014-2019 guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mercedes-Benz.