Can’t close your Mercedes-Benz trunk door due to a faulty trunk latch? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing the trunk door latch of your vehicle. This guide is a step-by-step procedure for replacing the trunk door latch on a 2014-2019 Mercedes-Benz GLA250 X156.
What you will need
- Trunk door latch (Mercedes-Benz GLA250)
- T30 Torx screwdriver
- 10mm nut driver or 10mm socket wrench
- Remove the door trunk panel. For more help, see this guide.
- Remove the T30 screws on the trunk’s door latch using a Torx screwdriver and twist it counterclockwise.
- Disconnect the electrical connector of the door latch by unlocking the clip and pulling the connector out.
- Disconnect the two electrical connectors on the box module by pressing the clip and pulling the connector out.
- Remove the box module by removing the 10mm bolt. Use a 10mm nut driver or socket wrench to remove the bolt.
- Remove the cable on the trunk door latch by simply pulling it out.
- Pull the trunk door latch out of the vehicle.
- Get the replacement trunk door latch, install the door latch cable, and line it up back to the vehicle.
- Reinstall the T30 screws on the door latch and tighten it by twisting the Torx screwdriver clockwise.
- Reconnect the electrical connector of the door latch and push the clip to lock it in its place.
- Slide the box module back to the trunk and reinstall the 10mm bolt.
- Connect the two electrical connectors back to the module.
- Reinstall the door trunk panel. See this guide for more help with this step.
We hope you find the Replace Trunk Door Latch Mercedes-Benz GLA250 X156 2014-2019 guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mercedes-Benz.