Is the reverse camera and trunk door handle of your Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class broken? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing your vehicle’s trunk door handle and reverse camera. This guide is a step-by-step instruction on replacing the trunk door handle and reverse camera on a 2014-2019 Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class X156.
What you will need
- Pick tool
- 10mm socket wrench or 10mm nut driver
- Trunk Door Handle and Reverse Camera
- Remove the lower trunk panel. See this guide for more help with this step.
- Disconnect the electrical connector of the camera by pushing the tab and pulling the connector out.
- Disconnect the two electrical connectors of the door handle by pressing the clip and pulling the connector out.
- Remove the two 10mm bolts on both sides of the door handle and reverse camera.
- Unlock the tabs on both sides of the door handle.
- Push the door handle and remove it from the front side of the door trunk.
- Get the new door handle and reverse camera and line it up to the door trunk.
Access Factory Repair Manuals
The YOUCANIC Pro Manuals offer OEM Factory Repair Manuals with detailed steps and illustrations, comprehensive wiring diagrams, torque specifications, and access to technical service bulletins and OEM service information, mirroring dealership manuals.
- Reconnect the electrical connector of the camera by simply pushing it into its connection port.
- Reconnect the two electrical connectors back to the door handle.
- Reinstall the 10mm bolts on both sides of the door handle.
- Reinstall the lower trunk panel. See this guide if you need help with this step.
We hope you find the Replace Trunk Door Handle & Reverse Camera Mercedes-Benz 2014-2019 X156 guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mercedes-Benz.