Need to remove or replace the trunk panel of your Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class? This tutorial shows how to remove and install the door trunk panel of a 2014-2019 Mercedes-Benz GLA250 X156.
What you will need
- Prying tool
- Pick tool
- Door Trunk Panel (Mercedes-Benz GLA250)
- Unlock the vehicle and open the trunk.
- Remove the handle on the lower door trunk panel by squeezing the clip on the hand and pulling it out.
- Remove the lower door trunk panel by inserting the prying tool on the edges to unlock the clips.
- Disconnect the electrical connector on the lower door trunk panel by pushing the clip and pulling the connector out.
- Twist the light bulb counterclockwise and pull it out from the lower door trunk panel.
- Remove the whole door trunk panel by inserting the prying tool to unlock the clips.
- Once the whole trunk panel is removed, you can now access the inner tail light assembly.
- To reinstall the trunk panel, line it up back to the vehicle and push it in to lock into its place.
- Reconnect the electrical connector on the lower trunk panel.
- Line up the light bulb back to the lower trunk panel and twist it clockwise to lock it into its place.
- Put the lower trunk panel back to the vehicle and push it in to fully reinstall the trunk panel.
- Line up the handle back to the trunk panel and push it to lock the handle to the trunk panel.
We hope you find the Remove/Reinstall Door Trunk Panel Mercedes-Benz GLA250 2014-2019 X156 guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mercedes-Benz.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!