Won’t your Chrysler Crossfire trunk stay up? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing the trunk lift struts of your Chrysler. This guide provides step-by-step instructions on replacing the trunk supports (struts) on a Chrysler Crossfire. Replacing the Crossfire trunk lift that supports struts or shocks is easy and takes less than fifteen minutes. Replacement Crossfire struts can be purchased online for under $30.
What you will need
- Chrysler Crossfire Trunk Lift Support (2)
- Flathead screwdriver
- Two people
- Park your Crossfire on level ground and set the parking brakes.
- Open the trunk and have a friend keep it open.
- Locate the left trunk support
- Use a flat screwdriver to push the C clip away from the ball joint
- Do the same for the other end
- Remove the worn trunk strut
- Install new Crossfire trunk struts in reverse order.
- Move the C clips down to lock them in place.
If your Chrysler Crossfire trunk won’t stay up or drops when open, it is time to change the trunk struts. These gas-filled lifts leak or wear as they age and fail to support the trunk lid.