Is your Ford Edge overheating, or the engine coolant light is on? Learn how to fix the problem by adding engine coolant (antifreeze) to your Ford Edge.
What you will need
- Ford 50/50 Engine Coolant Antifreeze.
Do not use windshield wiper fluid in the engine coolant reservoir.
- Allow the Ford Edge to cool down for at least thirty minutes. Opening the radiator or coolant reservoir cap when the Edge engine is hot can cause serious injuries.
- Pull the hood release under the dashboard and open the hood.
- Locate the coolant reservoir. Remove the cap by turning it counterclockwise.
- Note the min and max marks on the side of the coolant reservoir.
- Add engine coolant, mixed 50% antifreeze, and 50% coolant to bring the level between the Min and Maximum marks.
Do not add coolant further than the MAX mark.
We hope you find the Ford Edge Add Engine Coolant guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Ford Edge.
Simple steps and to the point. Thank you.