Is your Sprinter blowing hot air when the a/c is on? Learn how to fix the problem by recharging the A/C with freon using an A/C Recharge Kit. This applies to Mercedes, Dodge, and Freightliner Sprinter 2500 and 3500 vans.
How to Recharge A/C Refrigerant on a Sprinter
What you will need
- AC Recharge Kit
- Work Gloves
- Safety Glasses
- Park the Sprinter on level ground. Set the parking brakes.
- Next, open the hood. Pull the hood release under the dashboard to open the hood.
- Locate the air conditioner charging port on your Sprinter.
- Start the engine and allow it to idle.
- Turn on climate control. Set the blower fan speed to maximum. Set the temperature to the coldest setting.
- Connect your A/C recharge kit.
- Recharge your Sprinter A/C system but make sure to follow all instructions that came with your A/C recharge kit.
We hope you find the Sprinter Recharge A/C with Freon guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Sprinter.