Is your Subaru Air Condition A/C blowing hot air? Learn how to fix it by recharging the A/C with freon. The procedure below will only work if the system leaks very slowly. Major A/C leaks and compressor issues should be fixed before charging the A/C.
- Subaru AC blows hot air
- A/C does not get cold
- Heat works, but there is no cold air
What you will need
- AC Recharge Kit
- Work Gloves
- Safety Glasses
- Park the Subaru on level ground. Set the parking brakes.
- Next, open the hood. Pull the hood release under the dashboard to open the hood.
- Locate the air conditioner charging port on your Subaru. Look for the light blue cap with the L mark on top.
- Start the engine and allow it to idle. Next, turn on climate control. Set the blower fan speed to maximum—set the temperature to the coldest.
- Connect your A/C recharge kit and start recharging your Subaru A/C system. Make sure to follow all instructions that come with your A/C recharge kit.
We hope you find the Charge Subaru Air Conditioner with Freon guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Subaru.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!