Is your Subaru Air Condition A/C blowing hot air? Learn how to fix it by recharging the A/C with freon. The procedure below will only work if the system leaks very slowly. Major A/C leaks and compressor issues should be fixed before charging the A/C.
- Subaru AC blows hot air
- A/C does not get cold
- Heat works, but there is no cold air
What you will need
- AC Recharge Kit
- Work Gloves
- Safety Glasses
- Park the Subaru on level ground. Set the parking brakes.
- Next, open the hood. Pull the hood release under the dashboard to open the hood.
- Locate the air conditioner charging port on your Subaru. Look for the light blue cap with the L mark on top.
- Start the engine and allow it to idle. Next, turn on climate control. Set the blower fan speed to maximum—set the temperature to the coldest.
- Connect your A/C recharge kit and start recharging your Subaru A/C system. Make sure to follow all instructions that come with your A/C recharge kit.
We hope you find the Charge Subaru Air Conditioner with Freon guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Subaru.