If your vehicle was involved in an accident and the airbags deployed, the airbag module will need to be replaced or reset in addition to replacing the deployed airbags.
You can't reset or clear crash data with an SRS/airbag scanner because hard codes get stored in the airbag module after an accident.
Your options are replacing the airbag module, which typically costs between $650-$1500, or use one of the repair services below to reset your airbag module.
You will need to remove the airbag module from your vehicle and mail it to have it reset.
Address: 40 Main St, Westfield, MA 01085 Hours: Open ⋅ Closes 8 PM Phone: (855) 552-7233
Provides service to reset your OEM SRS airbag module. They will reset all crash data and hard codes. Once the reset is performed, you will be able to reuse your airbag module again instead of having to buy an airbag control unit.
They promise a 100% money back guarantee, 24-hour turnaround and are located in Westfield, MA 01085.
Any of these SRS/airbag repair services can reset your airbag module, clear any crash codes & data stored, and restore your airbag computer module to OEM factory settings.
All services listed here will reset your airbag module and restore it back to its factory condition. You will not need to do any additional programming.
You can purchase their service on eBay.
Website: Purchase via eBay Phone: (864) 804-0525 Location: 190A Alice St Spartanburg, SC 29303
If you are looking for a company that will reset or repair your original airbag module, provide a fast turnaround, and not bankrupt you, then Auto Tronix is definitively one of the best choices. We used them to reset the airbag module on a Mazda3 and were very satisfied with their communication and speed.
They made sure that everything worked properly after installation. Replied to emails quickly. They were always happy to answer our never-ending questions. It costs less than $100 USD to reset most SRS airbag modules. They cover almost all car makes and models, but you want to check with them if you have a brand new car. Ship your existing airbag module to AutoTronix located in Spartanburg, SC 29303. They will repair and reset the airbag module, SRS, RCM, SDM, and any restraint system codes.
Website: https://www.myairbags.com/ Address: 1707 Enterprise Dr, Buford, GA 30518 Hours: Closes 5 PM Phone: (678) 778-8890
One of the largest companies that perform airbag module repair service. Located in Duluth, GA. They provide fast airbag module reset, a 24-hour turnaround for any make and model.
MyAirbags also performs Speedometer, Cluster, ABS, EBCM, ECU repairs. This service can also be purchased via eBay.
When do I need to reset the airbag module?
The companies listed here offer to reset the crash data from the airbag module. This procedure is not related to clearing codes from the airbag module. If you have current codes, for example, because you have a missing airbag, this service will not reset that.
This service can be used when your airbag light stays on after an accident, even if all the airbags are replaced.
Meaning there are hard codes stored in the airbag module. If you had no accidents, but you have the airbag light on, an airbag repair service will not fix your problem. Instead, you will need to read the fault codes yourself to find the cause of the airbag light.
Some common problems are the passenger occupancy sensor being defective, the clock spring, or the seat belt buckle micro-switch going bad. Use an airbag scanner if you need to troubleshoot your airbag system. These airbag reset tools will read and erase codes related to the airbag light. A couple of highly rated airbag reset tools being sold on Amazon are the Autel MD802 or Launch Creader VII.
If your car has been in an accident, the Airbag or SRS light on your car will stay on or flash continually. The airbag computer module needs to be repaired or reset in order to be used again.
Resetting the Airbag Module Reset vs. New Airbag Unit
When you use an airbag module repair service, you can avoid a trip to the dealer for coding. Getting the airbag module reset is a less expensive fix than going to the dealer and installing a new airbag module.
Most car dealers will not perform airbag module reset or repair. They are happy to sell you a new airbag module and charge you for programming.
This ends up costing hundreds or even thousands of dollars, especially on luxury car models. When you perform a reset of the original airbag module, your existing airbag module ECU is restored to OEM factory settings.
You don't even need to program it or see the dealer after installing it back on your car. This is one of the main advantages of using an airbag module repair service.
Once your airbag unit is reset, it will be as good as new. Your airbag light should turn off unless there is a problem with any of the airbag components such as passenger seat sensor, clock spring, deployed airbag, etc.
What is an airbag module?
An airbag module is a computer installed in all cars equipped with airbags. Multiple sensors, including seat belts, airbags, impact sensors clockspring send data to the airbag module. In case of an accident, the airbag module writes crash data and stores it in its internal memory chip. Airbags may or may not deploy along with the seat belt tensioners.
If you had an accident, the airbag light goes off, and the airbag module is considered useless. Don't rush to purchase a new airbag module from a dealer. The following companies will reset your existing module for less than $100.
What does Airbag Module Reset Service do?
The airbag module reset companies are able to reset hard codes and soft codes. In other words, make your airbag module Virgin and restore its original factory settings. The dealer can reset soft codes, but their scan tools will not be able to clear hard code due to hardware limitations.
After you receive the module from an airbag module repair service, you will not need to take the car to the dealer for any programming. Typically all computer control modules can be reset, except if the airbag control module has physical damage such as from flood or fire damaged. Note that late model cars will have partial VIN stored in the airbag control module.
- Acura airbag module reset CL, CSX, ILX, MDX, RDX, RL, TL, TSX
- Audi SRS airbag module reset
- BMW airbag reset
- Buick airbag reset Allure, Enclave, Lacrosse, Lesabre, Regal, Rendez
- Cadillac airbag module reset CTS, DTS, Escalade, Seville, SRX, STS, XLR
- Chevy airbag module reset Aveo, Avalanche, Caprice, Camaro, Captiva, Cavalier, Cobalt, Colorado, Corvette, Cruze, Epica, Equinox, Evanda, Express, Chevrolet HHR, Impala, Lumina, Chevrolet Malibu, Montana, Monte Carlo, Chevrolet S-10, Chevrolet Silverado, Sonic, Spark, SSR, Chevrolet Suburban, Tahoe, Trailblazer, Traverse, Uplander
- Dodge airbag reset Avenger, Caliber, Dakota, Caravan, Challenger, Charger, Durango, Journey, Nitro, RAM
- Ford airbag module reset Expedition, B-Max, C-Max, E-Series, Edge, Escape, Escort, Explorer, F-Series, Fiesta, Five Hundred, Flex, Focus, Freestyle, Fusion, Ranger, Taurus, Transit, Transit Connect
- GMC airbag reset Acadia, Canyon, Envoy, Savana, GMC Sierra, Terrain, Traverse, Yukon
- Honda airbag module reset Accord, Civic, Crosstour, CR-V, Honda Fit, HR-V, Odyssey, Pilot, Ridgeline
- Hummer airbag reset Hummer H1, Hummer H2, Hummer H3
- Hyundai airbag module reset Accent, Azera, Elantra, Equus, Hyundai Genesis, i20, i30, i40, ix35, Hyundai ix55, Santa Fe, Sonata, Hyundai Tiburon, Tucson, Veloster, Hyundai
- Infiniti airbag reset EX35, EX37, FX30d, FX35, FX37, FX45, FX50, G25, G35, G20, G37, I30, JX35, M35, M37, M45, M56, Q50, QX4, QX56, Q60, QX80
- Isuzu airbag reset
- Jaguar airbag module reset S-Type, X-Type, XF, XJ, XJR8, XK
- Jeep airbag module reset Commander, Compass, Grand Cherokee, Liberty, Patriot, Wrangler
- Kia airbag module reset Forte, K-5, K-9, Optima, Rio, Sorento, Soul, Sportage
- Land Rover airbag reset Discovery, Freelander, LR3, Range Rover, Range Rover Sport, Range Rover Evoque
- Lexus airbag module reset RX, GS, IS, LS, LX, ES, FX, GX, NX
- Lincoln airbag reset MKC, MKS, MKT, MKX, Navigator
- Mazda airbag module reset Mazda 2, Mazda 3, Mazda 5, Mazda 6, Mazda CX5, Mazda CX7, Mazda CX9
- Mercedes airbag reset
- Mini airbag module reset Mini Cooper
- Mitsubishi airbag module reset
- Nissan airbag reset
- Pontiac airbag reset
- Porsche airbag reset
- Saturn airbag reset
- Scion airbag module reset
- Smart airbag module reset
- Subaru airbag module reset
- Suzuki airbag module reset
- Toyota airbag module reset
- VW airbag module reset