Is your Acura getting poor MPG? Learn how to fix it by replacing the Engine Air Filter of your Acura vehicle.
Replacing the engine air filter on an Acura is easy and can be completed in under twenty minutes. Changing the engine air filter once a year or every 15,000 miles.
What you will need
ACURA Engine Air Filter
Torx Socket Set
- Park the ACURA on level ground and turn off the ignition.
- Pull the hood release found on the driver’s side of your Acura. Go to the front of the hood and slide your hand under the hood. Slide the latch handle to release the hood.
- Locate the engine air filter on your ACURA model. The engine air filter is typically located on the driver’s side of the engine.
- Location of the engine air filter on Acura TL.
- Remove the screws or press the clips in the picture to remove the old filter.
- Open the air filter housing and pull out the old filter from the housing. Inspect the condition of the old engine air filter.
- Check the filter housing to ensure dust, particles, or leaves are free. Use a vacuum to clean your ACURA’s air filter housing if necessary.
- Install the new ACURA air filter and secure the screws. Ensure the filter is seated properly in the housing, or the housing will not close.
This guide provides general instructions on how to change the air filter in various Acura cars, including:
- RL RLX
- TL TLX
We hope you find the Replace Acura Engine Air Filter guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Acura vehicle.