If you are having trouble locking and unlocking your key fob or getting detected by your Mazda, the batteries on your key fob might be running out. Learn how to replace the Mazda key fob battery. Below are videos showing how to replace several Mazda key fob batteries.
If your Mazda key fob battery is dead, you can still open the vehicle manually and start the vehicle.
Procedure and instructions on replacing the battery on the Mazda Smart Key Fob.
What you will need
[amazon bestseller =”CR2032 3-Volt Lithium Coin Cell Battery” items=”1″]
[amazon bestseller =”CR2025 Battery” items=”1″]
- New Battery
- CR2032 3-Volt Lithium Coin Cell Battery, Most Common.
- CR2025 – Does not fit all in one Combo Key/Remote
- Remove the metal key from the Mazda key fob.
- You should see two slots where you will need to insert the flat screwdriver. Once you insert the screwdriver in this slot, twist it slightly, and the shell will open. Do the same for the other side.
- Next, you will notice that only part of the shell is separated. Insert the screwdriver on the edge of the shell and twist it again. This should open the shell completely. Place the back Mazda key fob case aside.
- Remove the key fob battery cover from your Mazda remote.
- Pull out the dead key fob battery from the Mazda keyless remote.
- Insert the new battery. Make sure the positive (+) symbol is facing you.
- The positive is on top, while the negative side of the button cell battery faces the key fob.
- Insert the O-ring in its channel if it came off during the earlier step when you removed the battery from the Mazda remote.
- Press the battery cover in place.
- Press the two key fob cases together until you hear the shells click and lock in place.
- Check the side of the key shell to make sure it is fully closed.
- Press the metal (emergency key) into the Mazda key.
- Test the key to ensure that the remote is working properly.
Here is a video of another smart key fob for Mazda
Procedure and instructions on replacing the battery on the Mazda flip key.
What you will need
[amazon bestseller =”CR1620 Battery” items=”1″]
- CR1620 Battery
- Press the metal button to flip/open the metal key.
- Use a small flathead screwdriver and insert it in the small opening, as shown in the video.
- Your Mazda key fob shell will split in two.
- Separate the Mazda key.
- Use a small screwdriver to open the keyfob part with the lock/unlock buttons. The screwdriver is inserted at the edge where the two key halves join each other.
- The key fob will open up, and you will see the old battery.
- Pry the battery out using a small flathead screwdriver.
- Install the new battery. The positive side of the battery (+) needs to face the back of the keyfob.
We hope you find the Replace Mazda Key Fob Battery guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mazda.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!