Are you trying to connect your phone with your car radio and play music from the phone over to the car speakers?
Many luxury vehicles (including Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Porsche, Mini-Cooper, and Volkswagen) from 2005 to 2015 allowed the driver to make Bluetooth hands-free calls but NOT play music from the phone to the car speakers. The good news is that many of these cars have an iPhone 30-pin connector, which you can use to connect any phone via Bluetooth.
Watch the video below to learn how to use the 30-pin port to connect to your phone via Bluetooth.
What you need
For this setup, you will need a 30 PIN to Bluetooth adapter, allowing you to play music from your iPhone or Android phone to your car speakers.
Here are a few options.
- Wi-Mi Wireless Bluetooth Car Adaptor
- Plug and play solution.
- Compatible with Audi AMI, Mercedes Media Interface, VW MDI, or any other cars with the original or aftermarket iPod integration installed with a 30-pin iPod connector.
- Wireless connection via Bluetooth with any Apple device with automatic re-connection, no need to manually plug in your iPod every time. Featuring Airplay and A2DP Bluetooth
- Use the original steering wheel and head unit controls. Compatible with vehicles that already support Apple play from the steering wheel.
- CoolStream CarPro Bluetooth Adapter
- Bovee Bluetooth Adapter 30 PIN
- Locate the 30 pins iPhone cable in your glove box or central armrest.
- Plug the 30 PIN Bluetooth adapter in.
- Turn the ignition and the radio or COMAND system ON.
- Ensure the light on the Bluetooth adapter is flashing blue.
- Go to Settings on your phone and select CONNECTIONS.
- Turn on Bluetooth and search for a new device.
- The name of your Bluetooth adapter will show up under available devices. It should say CarPro, BOVEE, or whatever is the name of your adapter.
- Select the Bluetooth adapter to pair.
- Enter 1234 or 0000 to pair the device. If none of these codes work, check the user manual for the correct pin.
- Once the pairing is complete, the LED light on the Bluetooth adapter should turn solid blue and stop flashing.
- Go to your STEREO or COMAND and switch the input from RADIO to AUX or iPad.
- Play music or audiobook from your phone to verify that the sound is coming through the car’s speaker.
Note that the Bluetooth device will disconnect from your phone once the car is turned off. When you restart the vehicle, your Bluetooth adapter will automatically reconnect with your phone.
We hope you find the Connect Phone to Car using iPod 30pin Bluetooth adapter for Mercedes BMW Audi VW guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mercedes-Benz and BMW.