A diagnostic scanner that can read, clear and display sensor data on a Mitsubishi can help you find out why the check engine light, ABS light, airbag lights are on or even find out why transmission is stuck in gear.
1. Launch Creader VII+ Scanner
We tested the Launch Creader VII and found it very easy to use and quick to retrieve the fault codes from the ECU. It is an affordable OBD diagnostic tool, and it has one main advantage over other scanners in the same price range.
Besides being able to scan the ECU, ABS, and SRS system, it can also communicate with the automatic transmission control unit.
The Launch Creader supports multiple automobile brands as well. It describes the fault problem right on the LCD. Write down the error code and do some research related to that particular fault code. An inexpensive diagnostic tool that can save you money and headaches if you are trying to reset the service engine or clear the airbag light.
- Read and clear fault codes related to the engine.
- Read and clear transmission fault codes.
- Read and clear ABS fault codes.
- Read and clear SRS/airbags light and codes.
- Supports 1996 and newer vehicles.
- Can retrieve generic P0000 and manufacturer-specific codes P1000 and U000.
- Clear Check Engine Light
- View freeze frame data.
- Check emission readiness status.
- Display live sensor data.
2. Foxwell NT630 OBD scanner
The Foxwell NT630 is a professional OBD2 scanner that will be able to scan multiple systems on your Mitsubishi, such as the engine, airbag, ABS, and more.
With the NT630, you will activate solenoids to perform testing of different units such as the ABS and EMB. Manually run the ABS motor. You can test valves and the TRACS system. You can also carry a brake bleed test.
We like NT630 because it is compatible with multiple Asian, Domestic, and European vehicles. It is also compatible not only with OBD-II vehicles but also with OBD-1. It will work on many cars, minivans, SUVs, and trucks.
- Can scan and clear codes related to the Check Engine Light, ECU.
- Read and erase ABS codes.
- Read and clear airbag / SRS codes.
- Can perform several ABS tests.
- Test oxygen sensor.
3. Maxidiag Elite MD802 Scanner
The MaxiDiag Elite scanner provides a multisystem scan and diagnostics. There are two visions of the MD802. The 4 system scanner only diagnoses engine, ABS, SRS / Air-Bag, and transmission.
There is also an All System Scanner, which besides ABS/SRS/ECU/TCU can scan the EPB, calibrate the steering wheel sensor, reset the oil service reminder, and more.
The MaxiDiag works on both domestic and import vehicles.
- It can read and clear codes from engine, transmission, ABS, and airbag.
- Turn off dashboard warning lights.
- Stream live sensor data and freeze frame.
- Check emission readiness status.
- Graphing capabilities
- Free software upgrades, 1st year.
- Electronic parking brake coverage (for certain makes).
- Oil service reminder reset. (for certain makes).
- TPMS coverage (for certain makes).
4. Mitsubishi MUT 3 Diagnostic Tool
All the Mitsubishi dealers in the US use the Multi-Use Tester (MUT) III. It is the diagnostic tool to access all the systems in Mitsubishi cars, trucks, and SUVs. The MUT3 is manufactured by Bosch, who is the OEM vendor.
MUT 3 allows a technician to perform key reprogramming, in-depth diagnostic, and system configuration.
Mitsubishi MUT 3 requires a laptop and connects to the VCI module via USB cable. The VCI then connects to the OBD-2 port of any Mitsubishi. The MUT 3 cost over $5,000 and requires a subscription; you can read more about the MUT-III here.
The Launch Creader VII+ is one of the best OBD2 diagnostic scanners for Mitsubishi owners when you consider price and system coverage.
If you are looking for a professional-level diagnostic scanner with similar capabilities to the Mitsubishi Dealer MUT 3 Diagnostic scanner, you may want to consider Autotel MaxiDAS Scanner. It is one of the least expensive professional-level scanners that provides in-depth troubleshooting on any system on your Mitsubishi.
All the OBD2 scanners in this list are good choices if you want to read, erase, and diagnose the four primary systems on Mitsubishi cars:
- ABS brakes