Adjust Volvo Headlights
It’s important to ensure that the headlights are always properly aligned. If the Volvo headlights are misaligned for some reason, you can easily adjust them yourself.
All you have to do is follow these simple steps.
- First, make sure that the Volvo is parked facing a flat wall and is very close to begin. This could be in front of your garage door or a large brick wall.
- Mark the center of your vehicle on the wall. Do this by finding the center of the car, usually where the logo or font license plate is located, and place a piece of masking tape on the wall directly in front of the car.
- Then you need to mark the center of each headlight. Place a vertical strip of masking tape on the wall directly in front of the center of each headlight. After that, use a measuring tape to measure how high the headlights are from the ground. Then place a piece of horizontal masking tape on the wall that is high off of the ground for each headlight.
- So when you’re done with all of that, you should have two crosses of tape on the wall in front of each headlight and one piece of tape vertically marking where the center of the car is.
- Back up your car about twenty-five feet away from the wall. Now turn the headlights on so they are shinning at the wall. You’ll want to do this either when it’s dark outside or in a dark garage.
- The Volvo has two adjustment screws for each headlight, the horizontal headlight screw is on the inside of the headlight housing, and the vertical screw is on top of the housing.
Using the horizontal and vertical screws, adjust each headlight so that the beam is two to four inches to the right of the vertical centerline and two to four inches below the horizontal centerline. You can adjust the screws using a Phillips head screwdriver.
Also, to make it easier, you can adjust one headlight at a time by placing a piece of cardboard or chair in front of one headlight while you work on the other one. Check Volvo’s user manual to get specific headlight adjustment information for your car.
We hope you find the Adjust Volvo Headlights guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Volvo.