Is your Ford Edge radio not working? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing the radio of your Ford. This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to replace the radio on a Ford Edge. This guideline applies to model years 2007 through 2014. These instructions can help change the radio on Lincoln MKX.
If your Ford Edge radio has stopped working, you must first check for a blown fuse in the fuse panel under the dashboard on the driver’s side. The fuse panel has an access door to the left of the brake pedal.
What you will need
- Ford Edge Radio
- Dashboard Removal Tool
If your Ford Edge radio has failed, has no sound, the volume doesn’t work, or won’t power on, you can replace it with a used radio with the same part number or install an aftermarket Android Ford Edge radio.
- Park the vehicle and disconnect the battery.
- Remove the trim using a dashboard removal trim. Trim simply can be pried out. There are no screws. You can unplug the A/C wire harness from the dashboard trim or simply move the dashboard trim to the side without unplugging the A/C wires.
- Remove all four 8mm bolts that hold the radio.
- Pull out the radio carefully to access the cables on the back.
- Disconnect the cables from the back. You will need to press small release tabs and then pull them out.
- Install the new Ford Edge radio in reverse. Connect the wires on the back. Push the radio in.
- Fasten the four screws that hold the radio in place.
- Reinstall the dashboard trim.
Does a Ford Edge Radio Need to be Programmed?
- No. You can install a used Ford Edge radio. Part numbers must match. No coding or programming is needed.
Can I install a Lincoln MKX Radio on a Ford Edge?
- Ford Edge and Lincoln MKX radios look the same. They are not interchangeable. The radio itself may need to be modified and programmed to work. For example, a Lincoln MKX radio on a Ford Edge may need at least the volume button to stop working.
- Your Bluetooth phone will still work if you have one. Maps and SIRI will also work if you reinstall a new Ford Edge radio with the same part number, and the old radio has those options.
Can I upgrade the Ford Edge Radio?
- Installing an aftermarket Ford Edge radio that runs Android may require modifications.
Why is my Ford Edge Radio not Working?
- The fuses for the radio may be blown. Check fuses in the fuse panel located under the dashboard.
We hope you find the Ford Edge Radio Replacement guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Ford.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!