Honda Ridgeline Radio Replacement
Is your Honda Ridgeline radio not working? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing the radio of your Honda Ridgeline. This guide provides instructions on removing and replacing the radio on the first generation Honda Ridgeline model years from 2006 to 2014.
What you need
- Philips screwdriver
- Dashboard Trim Removal Kit (Recommended)
- Honda Ridgeline Radio (Optional)
How to Replace Honda Ridgeline Radio
Removing and replacing the radio on the 1st generation Honda Ridgeline is an easy task. Here is how to do it yourself:
- Park on level ground and set the parking brakes.
- Use a dashboard removal trim to pry out the radio trim. The trim also covers the instrument cluster. It comes off as one piece. It is held in place with clips and has no screws that need to be removed.
- Turn ignition to position I. Do not start the engine. Continue to keep the brake pedal pressed.
- While you keep the brake pedal pressed, move the gear selector to Drive. Continue to press the brake pedal so that the vehicle doesn’t roll.
- Disconnect all the cables from the back of the dashboard trim. There are about six connectors that need to be disconnected.
- Move the dashboard trim out of the way and move the shifter back in the “Park” position.
- Remove all five screws that hold the radio in place. Two screws are on the driver’s side. Three screws are on the passenger side. You will need a Philips screwdriver or an 8mm socket to remove the radio screws.
- Remove the radio from the dashboard.
- Disconnect the wire harness on the back of the radio and remove the radio.
- Reinstall the radio or an aftermarket radio in reverse order.
Replacing the radio on a Honda Ridgeline is easy and takes less than 30 minutes. The hardest part is getting the dashboard trim out.
If your Honda radio doesn’t work because it asks for a code, you can get it by calling the dealer or online. For more help, see our article on how to get Honda’s radio code.
We hope you find the Honda Ridgeline Radio Replacement guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Honda.