Honda Civic Door Speaker Replacement
Does your Honda Civic door speaker not working? Learn how to replace the door speakers by following the procedures below.
What you will need
- Honda Door Speaker
- Flathead Screwdriver
- Dash Trim Removal Kit
- Open the door. Remove the screw that is behind the door pull. On newer models, a small cover must be removed first to expose the screw. In some cases, the screw is behind the window switch.
- Remove the screw by the door handle. Pull out the door handle. Pry out the plastic cover. Remove the Philips screw. On some models, you will have to remove the window switch first to access the panel screw.
- Pop out the window switch using a flathead screwdriver or dash removal tool. Unplug the electrical connectors.
- Remove the plastic triangle by the side mirror. In some models, such as this 9th generation Honda Civic you do not have a plastic triangle.
- Use a flat screwdriver to pry out the door panel at the lower corners. Lift the door panel.
- Remove the screws that secure the door speaker. Pry out the speaker and disconnect the wire harness on the back.
- Properly dispose of the blown Honda speaker and install the new one in reverse order.
Even though the pictures and videos found here are from a 2015 Honda Civic, the instructions will help you replace the door speaker on Honda vehicles, including Accord, Odyessy, CR-V, Insight, and Pilot, as they all use a similar setup.
If one of your Honda radio speaker diaphragms is cracked, you will notice crackling noise from the bad speaker. If your Honda speaker fails, you may not hear any noise from that speaker.
Determine which speaker is damaged. Hondas have speakers on all four doors ( some models also have speakers in the dashboard).
Listen carefully to each speaker. Sound from the bad speaker will seem to crackle, like paper being crumpled when playing music, or it may not produce any sound.
We hope you find the Honda Civic Door Speaker Replacement guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Honda Civic.