If the hood (bonnet) of your Mercedes-Benz doesn’t stay up or stays up for a few seconds that closes, the hood supports need to be replaced. In this guide, you will learn how to change the hood struts of the Mercedes Benz SL-Class, but the procedure is the same for all models, including C-Class, E-Class, CLK-Class, ML-Class, R-Class, GL-Class, S-Class, SLK-Class, etc.
What you will need
- Flat screwdriver
- Hood Struts
- Unlock the vehicle and go to the driver’s seat. Then pull the hood latch under the dashboard.
- Go in front of the vehicle and unlock the hood latch.
- Pull the hood up and let someone hold the hood to prevent the hood from falling when removing the hood struts.
- Unlock the clips on both ends of the hood strut.Insert the flat screwdriver on the clip and pull it out to remove the support from the hood and frame.
- Install the new hood struts. Align the tab back to the engine bay and press it in to lock the hood strut back to the engine bay. Then align the other tab to the hood and press it in to lock the hood strut back to the hood.
We hope you find the Mercedes-Benz Hood Won’t Stay Up – Replace Hood Struts Supports guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mercedes-Benz.