Need to open the hood of your Mazda? This guide provides instructions on how to open the hood on Mazda vehicles.
Follow the steps below to open the hood on any Mazda. If the hood won’t open check the cable as it may be broken or may have come off the release under the dashboard.
- Park the vehicle, turn off the ignition and engage the parking brakes.
- If the battery is dead, pull out the metal key from inside the keyfob, remove the cover on the driver’s door handle and manually unlock the driver’s door.
- Locate the hood release under the dashboard on the driver’s side. Pull on the hood release until you hear the hood pop open.
- Release the hood safety latch at the front of the hood. The safety latch is under the hood.
- Open the hood of your Mazda and secure it using the prop rod. On newer Mazda vehicles, the hood should stay open on its own.
Opening a Mazda hood is a simple procedure. If the hood doesn’t pop open, check the hood release under the dashboard. The cable may have come off. For more help, check out this article that explains what to do if your car hood is stuck and won’t open.
We hope you find the Mazda Open Hood Instructions guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mazda.