Is the interior light bulb of your Mitsubishi not working? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing the interior light bulb of your Mitsubishi. This guide provides instructions on how to replace the cabin light bulb on a 2019 Mitsubishi Outlander.
However, this process can likely be repeated because it is similar to many other models and makes. We will also discuss how to find the right bulb size and wattage.
What you will need
- Flathead screwdriver
- or a plastic pry tool
- Cabin light bulb part number: DE3175
- First, insert a small flathead screwdriver into one of the corners closer to the center of the cabin light assembly.
- Pry carefully from the corner, be gentle, do not force the plastic, and do not scar the housing. Pop the clear plastic cover from the assembly.
- Now, the light bulb can be pulled out; use a pair of gloves while handling light bulbs. Simply pull the bulb straight out of the socket. Touching the thin glass of bulbs can contaminate the surface with oils from your hands and lead to hot spots and premature bulb failure.
- Make sure your new bulb is the same size and wattage; this is an eight-watt bulb. You could use a ten-watt or LED bulb if you prefer something brighter.
- Insert the new bulb into its socket; it can be flipped if it is a regular filament-type bulb. Nevertheless, if it is an LED, it will only work one way because the positive and negative leads need to be connected to the correct sides. If the light does not turn on, insert it, turn it on again, and flip it if it still does not work.
- Replace the clear plastic by aligning the cover sockets with the prongs sticking out of the trim and pressing it into place until it snaps in.
- Repeat this process on the other side. Ensure they work, and you’re done!
Common causes of cabin light bulbs not working:
- loose connections in the cabin light assembly
- blown bulb
- blown fuses or high resistance in the wiring of the light
- an open or short in the electrical wiring
Do I need to replace both bulbs?
It is a good idea to replace both bulbs; even if the other is still working, the filaments in bulbs tend to wear out overuse and age, becoming dim. You can always save the old bulb as well for a backup!
How do I find what size and type of bulb I need?
Often the bulb will be stamped with its part number on the metal housing. Alternatively, you can search your vehicle’s make, model, and year on the internet and find its corresponding bulb part number. Parts shops can also look it up for you and will have catalogs in-store if you want to do it yourself!
All Mitsubishi models include Galant, Lancer Evo, Outlander, Eclipse, Mirage, and more. All year models including current-gen: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021.
We hope you find the Mitsubishi Outlander Interior Light Bulb Replacement guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mitsubishi.