If your Volvo driver’s window is not working, the problem could be a defective window switch. This guide will provide step-by-step instructions on replacing the door window switch on Volvo vehicles.
Replacing the window switch on most Volvo cars and SUVs is a straightforward procedure and typically doesn’t require removing the door panel.
- Volvo window buttons no longer work.
- The door window switch buttons are dirty.
- You can roll the Volvo window up but not down.
- You can roll the Volvo window down but not up.
Remember that the window may not work due to a broken regulator or motor.
What you will need
Bestseller No. 1
Fitment: Replacement for 2004-2012 Volvo VN/VNL/VNM.; Part Number: 21543897 20953592 20455317 20452017 21354601
- Volvo Drivers Window Switch
- Dash trim removal tool
- Use an interior trim tool and insert it on the side of the window switch. You can also use a flathead screwdriver, but be cautious not to damage the door panel.
- With the trim tool on the side of the switch, pull up on the window switch.
- Disconnect the wire harness from your Volvo window switch. Press the small tab on the connector, then pull it from the window switch.
- Install the new Volvo window switch. First, connect the electrical connector until you hear it “click,” which means the connector has locked in the switch. Next, press the new Volvo window switch firmly until it is flush with the door panel.
These instructions should help you replace window switches on Volvo vehicles such as XC70, V70, S60, S40, V40, V50, XC60, XC90, S60, S70, S80, C30, and 240. You don’t need to remove the door panel in most of these models.
We hope you find the Volvo Replace Door Window Switch guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Volvo.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!