What you will need
How to change VW License Plate Light
- Park VW and set the parking brakes.
- Press the trunk release and open it.
- Use a flathead screwdriver to press the license plate light to the right side.
- Next, pull down the license plate light to get it out.
- Press the clip for the electrical connector and disconnect the connector.
- Replace the light bulb and reinstall the light bulb back on the trunk.
The vehicle that you see here is a 2016 Volkswagen Jetta, but the instructions are the same for VW Golf, GTI, Bora, Passat, EOS, CC.
Note that the same procedure can be used to upgrade VW license plate lights.