Do your Kia Optima engine power decrease, low gas mileage, and the check engine light is on due to a faulty engine air filter? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing your engine air filter. This guide is step-by-step instructions on changing the air filter of the 2016-2020 Kia Optima.
What you will need
- AF5244 Engine Air Filter
- Open the hood. Pull the hood release under the dashboard and go to the front of the vehicle. Unlock the hood latch and pull the hood up.
- Locate the air filter box on the driver’s side of the engine compartment and between the brake fluid reservoir and the battery.
- Remove the air filter cover by pulling it out.
- Pull the air filter out of the air filter box.
- Slide the new air filter into the air filter box. Make sure to put the air filter in the proper position.
- Line up the air filter cover and push it in to lock it back into the air filter box.
We hope you find the Engine Air Filter Replacement Kia Optima 2016-2020 guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Kia.