A car battery is an essential component of your vehicle, but it can also be one of the more expensive parts to replace. If you’re in need of a new car battery, you may be wondering where you can find the best deal. There are several options to consider, from big box retailers to online marketplaces, each with its own pros and cons. In this article, we’ll explore some of the best cheap places to buy car batteries, including both brick-and-mortar stores and online options, so you can find the perfect balance between price and quality. Whether you’re looking for the cheapest place to buy a car battery near you or the best place to buy a cheap car battery online, we’ve got you covered.
We often get asked, “Where is the best place to buy cheap car batteries?” or “What’s the best place to buy a car battery?“. Buying a cheap car battery doesn’t mean you get the lowest quality battery. So let’s look at where you can get a reasonable price on a new car battery.
Visit: Walmart Batteries
Walmart is the best choice if you want to buy a super cheap car battery. You don’t need to use a coupon at all, Walmart batteries are priced very low, and the warranty period is as good or better than what Autozone or Advance Auto Parts offers.
You can buy Walmart car batteries online or at your local store. The store brand is EverStart. The MAXX batteries have a 5-year warranty, and cheaper batteries have a 2-year warranty.
We compared Walmart battery prices with local auto parts stores such as PepBoys, Advance Auto Parts, and AutoZone. In all cases, Walmart had the lowest price on car batteries.
On average, Walmart car battery prices were 10%-25% cheaper than Autozone, PepBoys, O’Reilly Auto Parts, Advance Auto Parts (except online purchases), and Salvo Auto Parts. We have an in-depth article that covers Walmart car batteries if you want to learn more.
2. Advance Auto Parts
You can save up to 30% on a new car battery at Advance Auto Parts by paying for it online and picking it up at your local store. Advance Auto Parts is one of the cheapest places to buy a car battery.
You can also get your new car battery installed for free when you pick up the battery. You pay for the battery online (instead of at the store) because you can get 10% to 30% off the battery price online.
How to buy a cheap car battery from Advance Auto
- Visit Advance Auto Parts > Car Batteries website. Enter your car information. Make, Model, Year
- Pick the car battery that fits your car, which shows IN STOCK at a store near you.
- Select Pick Up At Store under Delivery Options. Don’t select ship to home.
- Apply the Advance Auto Parts coupon code. Look for a discount code at the top banner of the website. If you don’t have an Advance Auto coupon, check for current discount codes on the Advance Auto Parts home page or under the Special Offers page. Copy the code and apply it at checkout under the Promotional Code field.
- Once you pay for the battery online, write down the order number you will get at the end of the checkout. Next, head to the Advance Auto Parts store to pick up your battery. They usually have the battery ready for you in 15 minutes.
- If you prefer, ask the Advance Auto Parts associate to replace your car battery free of charge.
CORE CHARGE: You will notice a core charge ranging from $18 to $25. You can get the core charge refunded by returning your old dead battery to Advance Auto Parts.
If changing the battery, don’t forget to return the old battery to refund the core charge. If you don’t have the old battery removed, don’t worry. You can take your old battery back later (within 30 days) to get a refund for the core charge if you haven’t removed it yet.
If you can get your car jump started, drive it to the store and have the associates replace the battery for you. Note that a few vehicles, such as BMW, Mini, and Porche, require battery registration to be carried out. Auto parts stores cannot perform this procedure for you.
Visit: Batteries Plus
Batteries Plus has a wide selection of car batteries. You can buy the batteries online and get them shipped to your home. You can also buy it online and pick it up in-store if you need to get the battery the same day.
It doesn’t matter if you are looking for a classic car replacement or a modern luxury vehicle. You will save money compared to the alternative, which is buying from your dealer. Batteries Plus partners up with local stores you may not even know have batteries for sale.
Please enter the zip code on their home page to find cheap car battery stores near you. Another advantage of BatteriesPlus is that they will install it for free if you choose store pickup.
Not many people think of Amazon when buying car batteries. While you can purchase car batteries on Amazon, it does not have the lowest car battery prices.
You can find a new replacement battery for any make and model. You can read reviews on any battery if you have time to kill. You can’t beat Amazon’s one-day shipping if you need the battery fast.
5. eBay Motors
Visit eBay: Automotive Batteries
If you are looking for the cheapest car battery, eBay is another choice. You can find the best prices on car batteries from premium brands such as Bosch, Optima, or DieHard. You will find those here if you are looking for the absolute cheapest car batteries.
You will need to go to the car batteries section. See the link above if you know the battery group and filter results by that. If you don’t, enter your car make and model, and you will see batteries that are an exact fit for your car. If you need the battery to get to you fast, look for the Fast ‘n Free items.
What is the best car battery for my car?
The best battery for your car is the correct group size, meets or exceeds Cold Crank Amps (CCA), and Cranking Amps (CA), and has the most extended warranty period.
Car batteries can be expensive. A car battery can cost up to $300 at your car dealership. While the cost to charge the battery in some luxury vehicles goes up to $500. Yet, the typical price for a new battery online falls in the $75-$150 range. Let’s look at some of the best places where you can buy cheap car batteries.
While we all want to save money, don’t be tempted to buy any battery brand’s lowest grade. If you are buying your battery online, you are already saving money. Battery makers, including AutoCraft, Bosch, DieHard, Duralast, EverStart, or Interstate batteries, usually have three grades:
- Economy, Value – Shortest warranty
- Silver, Plus
- Gold, Platinum, Max – Longest warranty / Best Quality
Avoid buying the cheapest car battery if you keep the car for a long time. Cheap batteries tend not to last very long and have the shortest warranty period. Economy batteries can fail within two years. The same manufacturer makes some of the best and worst car batteries. When buying a replacement car battery, you need to ensure the new battery matches several parameters. Besides needing a 12-volt car battery, ensure the new one meets these specifications.
- The group size ensures that the new battery is an exact fit. You can look up the group size on the old battery. It is printed on the label. Alternatively, on any of the websites above, you can enter your car specs, and they will show you batteries that fit your car.
Cold Cranking Amp
- The battery’s ability to start your engine in cold temperatures. The amperes a battery can deliver for 30 seconds at 32 degrees F.
- It measures the number of minutes of reserve power the battery has at a specific load. The reserve capacity is critical, especially for power-hungry high-end luxury vehicles.
We hope that this article helped you find cheap car batteries. Do you know of an online site or a local store with cheap car batteries? Use the comment section below to share your thoughts and help other members.
If you are looking for a cheap car battery, Walmart will most likely be the local store with the lowest price. Walmart may come as a surprise, but most stores have a car battery section at the back of the store. Walmart even has the H8 batteries on many European vehicles like Audi, BMW, and Mercedes-Benz. There are several places where you can buy a cheap car battery:
- Walmart: Walmart often has a good selection of car batteries at competitive prices.
- Amazon: Amazon has a large selection of car batteries available at a range of prices, including budget-friendly options.
- Advance Auto Parts: Advance Auto Parts is a popular auto parts retailer that offers a range of car batteries, including budget options.
- Pep Boys: Pep Boys is another auto parts retailer that carries a variety of car batteries at competitive prices.
- O’Reilly Auto Parts: O’Reilly Auto Parts has a selection of car batteries, including budget options, at competitive prices.
- Local auto parts store: You may also be able to find good deals on car batteries at local auto parts stores in your area.
It is always a good idea to compare prices and check for promotions or discounts before making a purchase. You may also want to consider the brand and warranty of the battery before making a decision. If you want a cheap battery and have it installed for free, the best option is Advance Auto Parts or AutoZone. Advance Auto Parts car batteries are typically priced higher than AutoZone batteries.
We hope you find the Top 5 – Stores to Buy Cheap Car Batteries guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your vehicle.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!