Can you feel your Dodge Avenger front brakes feeling soft and weak? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing the front brake pads of your Dodge Avenger. This guide provides instructions on replacing the front brake pads on the Dodge Avenger.
What you will need
- Dodge Avenger Front Brake Pads
- Jack and Jack Stands
- Flathead screwdriver
- 14mm socket
- Brake grease
- Torque wrench
- With the wheels on the ground, loosen the lug nuts but don’t remove them.
- Jack up the Dodge Avenger and secure it with jack stands.
- Remove the front wheel from your Dodge Avenger.
- Use a flathead screwdriver to press the caliper piston into the caliper.
- Use a 14mm socket to remove one of the guide pins.
- Fold out the brake caliper and remove the old brake pads and shims.
- Install the new brake pads. Apply a small amount of grease where the brake pads slide on the brake caliper. Do not apply brake grease on the brake pad surface or brake rotor.
- Install the brake caliper. Apply grease to the guide pins.
- Torque guide pins to 31 Nm or 23 ft-lb.
- Install the wheel and tighten it. Remember to tighten the lug nuts when the vehicle has been lowered to the ground.
- Start the Dodge Avenger and pump the brake pedal a few times before starting to drive.
We hope you find the Dodge Avenger 2008-2014 Change Front Brake Pads guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Dodge Avenger.