Learn to check the Chrylser Crossfire engine oil level via the instrument cluster. This method does not require that you open the hood and is more accurate than using the dipstick.
- Ensure the car has been shut off and on a level surface for at least five minutes.
- Turn key to ON/ RUN position.
- Wait about 10 seconds.
- You will now see an oil icon along with a clock icon.
- Press and hold the knob/button 2x, displaying the oil level properties.
- It will display the following: OK, -1.0Q, -1.5Q, -2.0Q, H.
- OK = Oil level is ok.
(-1.0 | -1.5 | -2.0) If the Oil level is low, add the suggested amount of oil, run the car, shut it off, and check again when time allows.
H = Oil level is too high. Drain oil from the engine until it reaches the proper oil level. If you have just done an oil change, running the car for several minutes is best before checking electronically or manually. The oil filter will absorb some of the oil, which could affect the readings.
If a clock is only displayed, you haven’t let the car sit in the off position long enough. Wait a few minutes and try again.
Check Engine Oil Level Via Dipstick
You can also check the oil level from the dipstick located in the engine bay.
- Pull the hood release under the dashboard.
- Open the hood and make sure it stays open. The hood strut may have gotten weak, causing the hood to shut down unexpectedly.
- Locate the red dipstick handle on the passenger side of the engine, near the front.
- Pull and clean it with a lint-free cloth.
- Reinsert and determine the oil level.
We have also published a guide on changing the engine oil on the M112 Engine found on Chrysler Crossfire.
We hope you find the Chrysler Crossfire Check Engine Oil Level guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Chrysler.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!