In this guide, you will find instructions on how to jump-start almost any Nissan vehicle with a dead battery.
How to Change Nissan Key Fob Remote Battery
Learn how to change the key fob battery on any Nissan keyless remote.
Scroll down until you see the instructions that apply to your Nissan keyfob.
Nissan Intelligent Key Battery Replacement
Instruction on how to replace the battery on Nissan's intelligent key. This remote is often used on Nissan Maxima, Rogue, Altima, 350Z.
- Remove the metal key
- Pull out the metal key. Press on the small release tab shown in the picture.
- The metal blade key can be used to manually open the driver's door or the trunk.
- Separate the key housing
- Look to the backside of the key. Use a plastic wedge or a small flat screwdriver to separate the key housing.
- Remove the old battery and install a new one.
- Remove the old battery and install the new CR2025 battery. Make a note of the battery orientation. Do not rotate the battery. Make sure the negative side of the battery is facing you.
Nissan Keyless Remote Battery Replacement
Frequently Asked Questions
I keep on accidentally pressing the panic or open trunk button.
If you have owned a Nissan with the key fob remote shown in this tutorial, you may find yourself accidentally pressing the buttons. If that is the case, consider adding a key fob cover for Nissan keys. It will greatly reduce the chances of the buttons being pressed.
How do I start my Nissan if the key less remote/intelligent remote fob battery has died?
You will need to insert the key fob in the slot designated for manual starting.
Nissan key fob doesn't work. How do I start the car?
If the car does not start, the RKE transmitter (Key Fob) may have a low or dead battery. To start the car, try this: Put the nose side of the Key Fob against the ENGINE START/STOP button and push to operate the ignition switch.
How to start a Nissan if the key doesn't work?
Press the brake, press the start button. Nothing happens. Nissan didn't even crank. If your push button is not starting the car, follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Check the main battery.
- Check key fob batteries are in good condition.
- Faulty brake switch. If you are sure the car battery and key batteries are in good condition, next you should check the brake switch.
How can I protect my worn Nissan key fob remote?
You may want to consider adding a cover to protect your remote. The covers can protect the buttons and the key fob remote itself. Our recommendation would be to use a Silicone Key Fob Cover for Nissan, which protects the keyless remote. A cover will better protect the key from water, and in case you accidentally drop the key.
What are some part numbers for Nissan remotes?
- FCCID Numbers found on Nissan / Infiniti models with this key:
- 285E3JA05A; 285E3JA02A; KR55WK4B903; 315MHz
- 285E3-JA05A; 285E3-JA02A; KR55WK48903
- KRSSWK48903 ; KRS5WK48903; KR5SWK48903