Honda Ridgeline Rear Brake Pad Replacement
Is your Honda Ridgeline brake feels soft and weak? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing the rear brake pads of your vehicle. This guide will show how to replace the rear brake pads on a Honda Ridgeline.
- Honda Ridgeline Rear Brake Pads
- Car jack
- Jack/car stand
- Tire wrench
- Combination wrench ( 12mm and 17mm )
- Flat ( – ) screwdriver
- Brake cleaner
- Park vehicle on level ground. Place shifter in Park. Place wheel chocks in the front and back of the front wheels to prevent the vehicle from rolling.
- Open the hood by pulling the hood release under the dashboard. Remove the cap of the brake fluid reservoir.
- Break loose the lug nuts. Do not remove them yet.
- Place the car jack at the jacking points; lift the car to the extent that the wheels are free to turn.
- Secure the car with the jack stands before removing the wheels.
- Remove the lug nuts and the wheel from the vehicle.
- Insert the flat screwdriver between the caliper and the brake pads. Then pull the screwdriver towards you. It will allow the piston to pull back and give space for the new brake pads. If you skip this step, you will need to use a brake pad spreader, or the new pads will not fit.
- Lose 12mm bolts that secure the caliper.
- Lift the caliper and remove the old brake pads.
- Clean the caliper bracket using the wire brush.
- Check for any differences in size between old pads and new ones.
- Install all the parts you removed the other way around.
- Install the wheel. Lower vehicle and torque the lug nuts.
- Get inside the car and press the brake pedal 3 to 5 times or until you feel some tension on the brake pedal.
- Start the engine. Press the parking brake pedal 2 to 3 times. There should be no brake warning light on the instrument cluster.
- 2009 – 2014 ACURA TL Base/SH-AWD Sedan 4-Door
- 2006 – 2014 HONDA RIDGELINE DX/RT/RTL/RTS/SE/Sport/Touring Crew Cab Pickup 4-Door
We hope you find the Honda Ridgeline Rear Brake Pad Replacement guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Honda.