This guide will give instructions on replacing the license plate light bulb on Hyundai Elantra, models 2011 through 2016.
Two bulbs illuminate the rear license plate. If one of them burns out, it is recommended to replace both of them at the same.
What you will need
- T10 W5W Bulb
- Flathead Screwdriver
- Park your vehicle and set the parking brakes.
- Pop the rear trunk lid and lift it. It is easier to replace the license plate bulb with the rear trunk lid open.
- Remove the license plate light bulb lens. Use a flat screwdriver to pry out the lens.
- Remove the burned bulb and reinstall a new light bulb.
- Reinstall the license plate light bulb assembly in reverse order.
We hope you find the 2011-2016 Hyundai Elantra License Plate Light Bulb Replacement guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Hyundai.
Who knew that it was so easy to change this bulb. Just saved $30. Thanks for sharing.