Learn how to change the battery in any Kia key fob. KIA key fobs typically require a CR2032 battery size. Open up the key fob and verify the battery size used on your Kia key fob.
The following video shows how to replace the battery in this Kia key fob. If your Kia key differs from what is shown in this video, we have published more how-to videos below.
This Kia key fob requires a CR2032 Battery.
- Press on the release tab.
- Pull out the metal key.
- Use a flat screwdriver to pry open the case.
- Separate the Kia key case.
- Remove the old battery.
- Install new Kia key fob battery.
- Press the key shell to close.
- Insert the metal key blade.
Replace the battery on the Kia flip key
Battery Size: CR2032 Battery Type
- Pry open the back cover of the Kia remote.
- Use a small object to pop out the battery from your Kia remote. Pay close attention to the orientation of the battery. Note the + symbol on the battery.
- Install a new battery. Make sure the positive (+) is facing you.
- Push the back cover back into the remote until you hear it snap in place.
Once the new battery is replaced, the car should start, and no further programming is required because the vehicle still recognizes the original key without any programming. If your Kia doesn’t start or turn over the engine after you replace the key fob battery, try jump-starting the vehicle. If the Kia still doesn’t start with a jump, check out our guide on diagnosing vehicle problems like a Pro Mechanic.
Can I change a Kia key battery myself?
Yes. Replacing the battery in the Kia key fob takes only five minutes. Make sure you have the correct battery size. Test the keyfob to make sure it works to lock and unlock your Kia. If your Kia key remote doesn’t work after replacing the battery, make sure that the battery is not installed upside down.
Do I have to reprogram my Kia key fob when I change the battery?
No. Your keyfob will even after you replace the fob battery.
What Kia models do these instructions apply to?
These instructions will help you replace the key fob battery on a Kia Optima, Forte, Rio, Sedona, Soul, Sorento, etc.
We hope you find the Kia Key Fob Battery Replacement guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Kia.