If the amplifier fails on your Mercedes-Benz, the radio may turn on, but you will not get any sound from the speakers. Learn how to fix the problem by replacing the amplifier of your Mercedes-Benz.
Follow this procedure to learn how to replace the radio amplifier on your Mercedes-Benz W209.
- Park the vehicle and make sure to remove the key from the ignition.
- Open the trunk by pressing the turn open button on your key fob. If that doesn’t work, you can use the emergency key in your keyfob to manually open the trunk.
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal from the battery.
- Remove the liner on the left side of the trunk.
- Disconnect the wire harnesses from the amplifier. There are two connectors. Press on the connector, then pulls them out to disconnect them.
- Remove both 10mm bolts that secure the amplifier to the vehicle body. Be careful so that the amplifier doesn’t fall.
- Install the new amplifier in reverse order.
It should work if you purchased a used amplifier with the same number. Even though programming is recommended.
The wires harness was damaged. Instead of removing the whole wire harness, which would have taken way too long, we decided to cut the damaged part and reconnect a new connector at the end.
We hope you find the Mercedes-Benz CLK W209 Amplifier Replacement guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mercedes-Benz.