Need to open the convertible top of your vehicle? Follow the procedures below to learn how to put the convertible top down on any car.
- Stop your vehicle and move the shifter to the Park position.
- Open the trunk, pull the compartment divider, and lock it in place.
- Use the window switch to lower the driver and passenger windows.
- If your convertible has a top latch, release it at this time.
- Press the convertible top switch to retract your hardtop / soft top.
- If the top stops moving during the raising (or lowering) process, start up the engine and resume the convertible top operation.
If you have followed this procedure and still can’t get the convertible top to go down or close, continue with the article on troubleshooting convertible top problems.
The convertible top won’t go down.
If you are experiencing problems with your convertible top, one of the first things you must check is the hydraulic fluid level. Read this article on how to troubleshoot convertible top problems.
We hope you find the How to Open Convertible Top guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your vehicle.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!