This guide provides instructions on removing and replacing the steering wheel and airbag on Nissan vehicles.
What you will need
- Nissan Driver Airbag
- Torque Wrench
- Secure Torx Set
- Mechanic Metric Toolset
- Park the Nissan and apply the parking brakes.
- Open the hood and disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Wait for 15 minutes before working on any airbag component.
- Remove the Nissan driver’s airbag. There are two bolts on the side of the steering wheel that you need to remove.
- Once the two bolts are removed, you can pull the airbag out.
- Loosen up the steering wheel 19mm center bolt and remove the steering wheel.
- Unplug the wires from the steering wheel.
- Watch the video on how to remove the Nissan steering wheel.
Replacing the airbag or steering wheel on a Nissan Quest is easy and takes about one hour. Always handle the airbag with care. There is always a risk of airbags deploying and causing injuries.
We hope you find the 2011-17 Nissan Quest Replace Driver Steering Wheel Airbag guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help n your Nissan.