This guide provides instructions on removing and replacing the steering wheel and airbag on Nissan vehicles.
What you will need
- Nissan Driver Airbag
- Torque Wrench
- Secure Torx Set
- Mechanic Metric Toolset
- Park the Nissan and apply the parking brakes.
- Open the hood and disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Wait for 15 minutes before working on any airbag component.
- Remove the Nissan driver’s airbag. There are two bolts on the side of the steering wheel that you need to remove.
- Once the two bolts are removed, you can pull the airbag out.
- Loosen up the steering wheel 19mm center bolt and remove the steering wheel.
- Unplug the wires from the steering wheel.
- Watch the video on how to remove the Nissan steering wheel.
Replacing the airbag or steering wheel on a Nissan Quest is easy and takes about one hour. Always handle the airbag with care. There is always a risk of airbags deploying and causing injuries.
Airbag Light On
If the SRS Airbag light is on after you replace the airbag, you can use the YOUCANIC Full System Scanner to clear the stored codes on your vehicle. This scanner can also read and clear codes on every control module of your Nissan vehicle.
We hope you find the 2011-17 Nissan Quest Replace Driver Steering Wheel Airbag guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help n your Nissan.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!