2018+ Kia Forte Rear Turn Signal Light Bulb Replacement
Is the turn signal light of your Kia Forte not working? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing your vehicle’s light bulb. This guide is a step-by-step on replacing the rear blinker/turn signal light bulb on a Kia Forte 2018-2022.
What you will need
- Light Bulb PY21W
- Floor Jack
- Jack Stands
- Flathead Screwdriver
- Philips Screwdriver
- Mechanic Metric Toolset
- 10mm Socket
- 11mm Socket
- Jack up the vehicle’s back and support the vehicle with jack stands.
- Remove the screw on the rear wheel well by turning it counterclockwise using a Philips screwdriver.
- Remove the two push clips on the rear wheel well by pulling them out using a flat screwdriver.
- Remove the two 10mm bolts on the plastic shield below the rear bumper. Use a 10mm socket and turn it counterclockwise to remove the bolt.
- Remove the four push clips on the plastic shield below the rear bumper. Use a flat screwdriver to pull the push clips out.
- Remove the 11mm plastic nut on the back of the plastic shield by turning it counterclockwise using an 11mm socket.
- Pull the plastic trim out of the vehicle.
- Locate the rear blinker/turn signal light socket on the back of the brake light and blinker light assembly.
- Remove the socket from the assembly by turning the socket counterclockwise and pulling it out from the assembly.
- Remove the light bulb from the socket. Press the light bulb and twist it counterclockwise to remove it.
- Install the new light bulb. Line up the light bulb into the socket, then press it in and twist it clockwise to set it into place.
- Place the socket back into the assembly and turn it clockwise to lock it into position.
- Line up the plastic shield below the rear bumper, then reinstall bolts and push clips.
- Reinstall the screw and two push clips on the rear wheel well.
- Check the new light bulb by switching the turn signal/blinker light.
We hope you find the 2018+ Kia Forte Rear Turn Signal Light Bulb Replacement guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Kia.