Is there a scratching sound on your Tesla when the wiper blades are switched on, and the wiper blades can’t clean the wiper as they should? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing the windshield wiper blades of your Tesla. This guide will show step-by-step procedures to replace the windshield wiper blades of your Tesla Model 3.
What you will need
- Tesla Model 3 Wiper Blades
- Clean Cloth’
Here are instructions for putting a Tesla Model 3 in wiper service mode and changing the wiper blades.
- Park the vehicle.
- On the touchscreen, press the Service menu on the left side of the screen.
- Click the Wiper Service Mode. The wiper will move up slightly.
- Go to the front of the vehicle.
- Lift the windshield wiper arm and place a cloth under the wiper arm. This will minimize windshield scratches or cracks.
- Press the rectangle button on the windshield wiper arm and pull the wiper blade away from the wiper arm.
- Slide the new wiper blade into the wiper arm until you see the rectangle in the small hole.
- Slowly lower the windshield wiper arm.
- Repeat this procedure for the other windshield wiper blade.
- Go inside the vehicle and disable the Wiper Service mode under the Service menu. Wiper arms should move down to the normal position.
How do you change the wiper blades on a Tesla Model 3?
Changing the windshield wiper blades on a Tesla Model 3 is straightforward. It is easier than in most cars, but the trick is that you will need to place the wipers in the service position by going to the Service menu on the touchscreen. Click the wiper service option, and the wipers will increase so you can lift the wiper arm.
Can you change the Tesla wipers yourself?
Yes, you can change Tesla windshield wipers yourself the way you change wipers on any car. The wiper hook is not the typical J hook. The same wipers used on Tesla are also used on many European vehicles such as BMW, Mini, and Mercedes-Benz. Those wipers can be purchased online from any auto parts supplier at a much lower cost than buying directly from Tesla.
How often should you change Tesla window wipers?
We recommend changing Tesla windshield wipers at least once a year or even more often if you live in extreme climates. Windshield wipers are made of rubber, which degrades when used frequently or in very hot or cold weather. A worn windshield wiper blade can limit visibility when it rains, leading to a car accident.
We hope you find the Tesla Model 3 Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Tesla.