Is the low beam light of your Kia Optima not working? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing the low-beam light bulb of your Kia. This guide is a step-by-step instruction on replacing the low beam light on a 2016-2020 Kia Optima.
What you will need
- H7 55W light bulb
- Open the hood. Pull the hood release under the dashboard and go to the front of the vehicle. Next, unlock the hood release and pull it up until it reaches the maximum to lock it in the open position.
- Locate the dust cap of the low beam light on the back of the headlamp assembly lens & housing.
- Twist the dust cap counterclockwise and remove it from the headlight.
- Reach behind the low beam light bulb and twist the cap counterclockwise to unlock it from the headlight.
- Then pull the light bulb out from the headlight.
- Remove the light bulb on the connector by unlocking the clip holding the light bulb. Use a pick tool to easily unlock the clip.
- Install the new light bulb onto the connector by simply pushing it in.
- Line up the light bulb back to the headlight and twist it clockwise to lock it in.
- Put the dust cap back on the headlight and twist it clockwise to lock it in its place.
- Check the light bulb by turning the low beam light on.
We hope you find the Low Beam Light Bulb Replacement Kia Optima 2016-2020 guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Kia.