Need to open your Kia Optima’s hood? Learn the step-by-step procedure for opening the hood of your Kia Optima by following the procedures below.
- Unlock the vehicle and open the driver’s door.
- Pull the hood release located under the dashboard.
- Go to the front of the vehicle.
- Unlock the hood latch by sliding your hand under the hood and sliding the tab above the emblem.
- Pull the hood up until the hydraulic hood struts are up.
If the hood doesn’t stay up, follow our tutorial on replacing the hood strut supports on a Kia Optima.
We hope you find the Kia Optima Open Hood Instructions guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Kia.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!