Need to replace your Buick Enclave rear bumper? By following the procedures below, learn how to remove your Buick’s rear bumper. This guide provides instructions on removing and replacing the rear bumper on the 2018-2022 Buick Enclave.
What you will need
- 7mm Philips head screwdriver.
- 7mm socket
- Remove the rear bolt cover panel to expose the rear bumper’s retaining bolts. Each side will have three retaining bolts.
- Remove three 7mm upper retaining bolts on each side.
- Remove the rear fender liner to expose the retaining support screws of the rear bumper.
- Remove the 7mm retaining screws that are located near the rear wheel.
- Remove the two 7mm retaining bolts below the vehicle on the lower side of the bumper.
- Have an assistant pull the bumper off from the other side while pulling it off on your side until the entire bumper snaps off.
Note that if you want to replace just one side of the bumper, you still need to do steps 1-6, but you can detach each side once the whole bumper is removed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you drive with a broken rear bumper?
If your bumper is missing, damaged, or unsafely attached, the police in your area could consider your car unsafe and issue a ticket, even if your state’s legal code does not explicitly mention missing or damaged bumpers.
How much does it cost to buy a rear bumper?
Depending on the model, a rear bumper replacement costs between $700 to $1,750 (before shipping).
Will a cracked bumper get worse?
Even though the damage to your bumper may seem small, unless it is repaired ASAP, a future accident could worsen damage to it because of the weakened structure.
We hope you find the 2018-2022 Buick Enclave Rear Bumper Removal guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Buick.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!