2018-2022 Buick Enclave Tail Light Replacement
Is your Buick Enclave tail light broken? Learn how to remove and install the new tail light assembly by following the procedures below.
This guide provides instructions on how to replace your Buick Enclave taillights. For your safety and peace of mind, we have compiled a step-by-step guide to replacing your broken taillight.
What you will need
- Flathead screwdriver
- 7mm socket
- Screwdriver handle
- Buick Enclave 2018 Tail light assembly
How to replace taillight assembly.
- Open your trunk to access the taillight assembly retaining screws. You can accomplish this by doing any of the following :
- You can press the touchpad under the Buick emblem. You can also open the trunk by pressing the release mechanism on the trunk handle. There is also a release button on the driver’s console. And finally, you can open the trunk using the FOB key.
- Remove the trunk side retaining screws. To do this, you must find a rubber cover that conceals the screw; the cover is on the trunk frame on the side of the taillight assembly. Pry the rubber with a flathead screwdriver and then loosen and remove the screw with a 7mm socket with a screwdriver handle and extension. To loosen the bolts, turn the handle counterclockwise.
- Loosen and detach the fender side retaining screws. Carry out this task by removing the rear bumper. Here is the link to remove the rear bumper of a Buick Enclave 2018. You may also look at the “How to remove the rear bumper and splash cover” in this article.
- The rear taillight assembly can now be separated from the car’s body. You may achieve this by pulling the tail light assembly towards the back of the vehicle.
- You can now install the taillight assembly in reverse order.
How to remove the rear bumper and splash cover.
- Remove the rear bolt cover panel to expose the rear bumper’s retaining bolts. Each side will have three retaining bolts.
- Remove three 7mm upper retaining bolts on each side, and use a socket with a screwdriver handle and extension. Turn the handle counterclockwise.
- Remove the rear fender liner to expose the retaining support screws of the rear bumper.
- Remove the 7mm retaining screws that are located near the rear wheel. Remove lower retaining screws, and use a socket with a screwdriver handle and extension. Turn the handle counterclockwise.
- Remove the two 7mm retaining bolts below the vehicle on the lower side of the bumper; use a socket with a screwdriver handle and extension. Turn the handle counterclockwise.
- Have an assistant pull the bumper off from the other side while pulling it off on your side until the entire bumper snaps off.
- Find the electrical connector are disconnect it. You may need to press the tabs on the connector to release it from the taillight assembly.
You can install the rear bumper in reverse order.
Note: if you want to replace just one side of the bumper, you still need to do steps 1-6, but you can detach each side once the whole bumper is removed.
- You can get pulled over by the police for having a broken taillight. Any driving infraction that can be seen as a possible danger to you and others, such as having a broken or burned-out taillight, is a reasonable cause for a traffic stop.
- This is frustrating and inconvenient for drivers, but there are some safety concerns.
If your taillight were to become broken or burned out, the drivers behind you would have a hard time seeing you in the dark, and you could be held liable for an accident.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost to replace a tail light assembly?
If you go to a dealership or auto body shop for your new tail light assembly, you will pay anywhere between $200 to $2000 for each assembly. You will pay even more than that if you have a luxury car. If you do it yourself, you can get the cost down to a price range of $30 to $250 per assembly.
How long does it take to replace the taillight?
Fortunately, tail light bulb replacement isn’t difficult and shouldn’t take you more than forty-five minutes to an hour to complete. Be aware that newer models may be a little more complicated than older ones, as there will be more wires to disconnect.
We hope you find the 2018-2022 Buick Enclave Tail Light Replacement guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Buick.