Need to change the oil of your Mitsubishi? Learn how to Change Oil in your Mitsubishi by following the procedures below. This guide provides instructions on changing the engine oil on a Mitsubishi.
What you will need
- 0W-20 Oil Full Synthetic
- 4.6 QT Capacity
- Ratchet wrench
- Oil filter
- Drain pan
- Jack stands
- Oil funnel
- Drive your Mitsubishi up on car ramps.
- Place the car in park, and apply the handbrake. Put a chock on the rear tires to prevent the vehicle from rolling back.
- Secure your Mitsubishi with jack stands placed under the lifting points or a structural member.
- Open the hood by pulling the hood release under the dash.
- Use the prop road to support the hood.
- If your Mitsubishi has a splash shield, remove the 10mm bolts. Depending on the model year, it is held in place with several 10mm bolts.
- Place a drain pan directly under the oil pan.
- Locate the 17mm oil drain plug.
Remove the oil drain plug by turning it counterclockwise.
- Locate the engine oil filter and remove it. You can use oil filter pliers or oil sockets.
Install a new oil filter.
Before installing a new oil filter, apply a small amount of oil to the oil filter gasket ring. Get the oil filter as tight as you can by hand.
- Replace the copper washer on the oil drain plug.
- When all of the oil has drained, reinstall the oil drain plug. Torque the drain plug to 35 Nm.
- Add approximately four liters of engine oil to the oil fill hole on top of the engine.
- Wait for several minutes before checking the oil level using a dipstick. If necessary, add oil to bring the level between the Min and Max marks of the dipstick.
- Start the engine and check if the oil pressure light goes off within five seconds.
Oil Change Interval
12000 km / 7500 miles
You may wonder how often you need to change the engine oil on a Mitsubishi. The oil change range varies depending on the engine and oil type.
- Every 3000 miles
Semi-synthetic / Synthetic Blend
- Every 5000 miles
- Every 7500 miles
You will need:
2.0 L Engine
- 4 L oil pan + 0.3 L oil filter
2.4 L Engine
- 4.3 L oil pan + 0.3 L oil filter
Check your owner’s manual for your Mitsubishi’s recommended oil change interval.
- Drain bolt – 35 Nm
Instructions in this guide will help you change the engine oil on Mitsubishi Lancer, Outlander, Eclipse, Mirage, and Galant.
We hope you find the Mitsubishi 2.4L Engine Oil Change DIY guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mitsubishi.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!