Is your Audi A/C blowing hot air even when the temperature setting is cold? Learn how to fix it by recharging the Air Conditioner on your Audi.
The procedure below can help you restore the A/C on your Audi. This procedure only works if there is a minor refrigerant leak. Large refrigerant leaks should be repaired before refilling the a/c system.
What you will need
- A/C Recharge Kit
- Work Gloves
- Park your Audi in a safe area. Turn off the engine.
- Pull the hood release located under the dashboard on the driver’s side. Open hood.
- Locate the low-pressure port. This picture shows the A/C charging port on an Audi A4. Note that there also is a high-pressure line. Don’t use that line. The A/C charging kit connector will not fit on the port for the high-pressure line. The A/C kit only fits on the low-pressure port.
- Remove the cap from the low-pressure port of your Audi.
- Connect your A/C hose to the charging port. Get ready to add freon to your Audi A/C system.
- Start the engine and let it idle.
- Turn A/C on. Before adding refrigerant, turn the A/C on to the maximum cold setting. Once you start the engine, you can add refrigerant to your Audi air conditioner system.
- Follow the instructions as directed on your particular A/C recharge kit. As you charge the system, stop pressing the trigger every few minutes to obtain a pressure reading. Continue adding refrigerant until your gauge reaches the charged range. Do not allow the system to overcharge.
These instructions on recharging the Audi A/C system work with the following models:
We hope you find this “Audi A/C Air Conditioner Recharge Procedure” guide helpful for your Audi vehicle. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your vehicle.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!