The hood struts must be replaced if your Toyota Camry hood doesn’t open. The guide is a step-by-step procedure for replacing the hydraulic hood strut on a 2012-2017 Toyota Camry XV50.
What you will need
- Flat screwdriver
- Hydraulic hood strut (2012-2017 Toyota Camry XV50)
- Unlock the vehicle and go to the driver’s seat.
- Pull the hood release under the dashboard.
- Go to the vehicle’s front and unlock the hood latch.
- Pull the hood up and put a rod or a block to hold the hood. Or have a friend hold the hood open while you replace the hood struts.
- Remove the hood strut from the hood and car frame. Insert a flat screwdriver into the tab and use the screwdriver to pull out the mount from the ball joint.
- Get the new hood strut.
- Line up the tab on the car frame and push the hood strut to lock the tab into the car frame.
- Line up the tab on the hood and push the hood strut to lock the tab into the hood.
Repeat it for the other hood strut. That’s it. Now, you don’t have to worry that your Toyota Camry hood closes or drops on you as soon as you open the hood.
We hope you find the Hood Won’t Stay Open Fix Toyota Camry 2012-2017 XV50 guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Toyota.
Access Factory Repair Manuals
The YOUCANIC Pro Manuals offer OEM Factory Repair Manuals with detailed steps and illustrations, comprehensive wiring diagrams, torque specifications, and access to technical service bulletins and OEM service information, mirroring dealership manuals.