Is the reverse light of your Toyota Camry not working? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing the backup light bulb of your vehicle. This guide is a step-by-step procedure for replacing the reverse light on a Toyota Camry 2012-2017.
How to Replace Reverse Back-Up Bulb on Toyota Camry
What you will need
- 921 light bulb
- Fastener removal tool
- Open the trunk. Pull the trunk release on the left side of the driver’s seat and pull the trunk up.
- Remove the push clips on the trunk shield using a fastener removal tool or screwdriver.
- Pull the trunk shield out to get access to the reverse light connector.
- Disconnect the reverse light connector by pushing the clip and pulling it out.
- Twist the lightbulb socket counterclockwise and pull it out to remove it from the inner tail light assembly.
- Pull the light bulb out from the reverse light socket. Get the new light bulb, line it up to the socket, and push it in to lock it into the socket.
- Line up the socket back to the inner tail light assembly and twist it clockwise to lock it into place.
Access Factory Repair Manuals
The YOUCANIC Pro Manuals offer OEM Factory Repair Manuals with detailed steps and illustrations, comprehensive wiring diagrams, torque specifications, and access to technical service bulletins and OEM service information, mirroring dealership manuals.
- Reconnect the electrical connector of the reverse light by pushing it back to the socket.
- Reinstall the trunk shield and the push clips in to lock them.
We hope you find the 2012-2017 Toyota Camry Change Reverse Back Up Bulb guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Toyota.