Audi Oil Service Reminder Reset Instructions
In this guide, we are going to look at how to reset the oil reminder on Audi vehicles. The oil reset instructions are meant to help the owners of Audi A3, S3, RS3, A4, S4, A5, S5, A6, S6, A7, S7, RS7, A8, S8, Q3, Q5, SQ5, Q7, TT, R8. If you go over the recommended oil change interval you will get a light that reminds you to change your oil or a message on the Multi Media Interface (MMI). Change the engine oil and filter and reset Audi Maintenace Reminder as described below.
Audi Oil Reminder Reset via the MMI
These instructions show you how to turn off maintenance Light on 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 that have the Multi Media Interface (MMI). These instructions apply to Audi A3, A4, A6, A7, Q3, Q5, Q7.
- Park your Audi in a safe location.
- Turn on the ignition switch to position II. If you have Start/Stop button, press it without pressing the brakes.
- Press the CAR button using the buttons on the center console.
- Scroll to Service Interval Display or Checks menu.
- Rotate the knob to select Reset Oil Change Interval.
- Press the know and select YES to confirm.
Audi Oil Reset via Instrument Cluster
Audi vehicles such as A4 and A6 manufactured during 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 did not have Multi Media Interface (MMI). To reset the maintenance light on older Audi follow these instructions.
- Enter your Audi and press the WRENCH button on the dashboard.
- Continue to keep the WRENCH button pressed and turn the key to position II. All dash lights should turn on but do not start the engine.
- A message shows pop up in your instrument cluster displaying "SERVICE".
- Once the SERVICE shows up to release the WRENCH button.
- Next press the ODO button on the instrument cluster. Some models have 0 (zero button) that you need to hold instead of ODO.
- Restart the engine and your Audi oil reminder should be reset.