Learn how to remove the door panel on the Hyundai Elantra.
The procedure is shown on the front driver’s door panel, but the passenger and rear panels can be removed following the same method.
What you will need
- Use a flat screwdriver to remove the front door side mirror’s inner cover.
- Remove two Phillips screws that hold the door panel in place. One of the screws is near the door handle. The second screw that needs to be removed is in the center of the door panel. Both screws have small plastic covers that must be removed to access the screws underneath.
- After loosening the mounting screws, then remove the front door trim.
- Disconnect the door handle and electrical wires. Next, you need to pop out the door panel. Use a flat screwdriver, but be careful because you can damage your Hyundai door panel. You may use a plastic interior trim removal tool. Remove the Hyundai door panel by lifting it since it needs to come off the rail at the top of the door panel.
- Installation in reverse order.
If the interior door handle is broken on your Hyundai Elantra, remove the door panel as described here to replace the door handle.
Removing the door panel on a Hyundai Elantra is easy and can be completed in less than twenty minutes. The door panel is held in place with two screws and several retainer clips/rivets. As far as tools are concerned, all you need is a Phillips and a flat screwdriver.
We hope you find the Hyundai Elantra Door Panel Removal & Replacement guide helpful. For more help, check out free repair guides on Hyundai vehicles.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!