Does an “Auxiliary Battery Malfunction” message appear on your Mercedes-Benz dashboard? The problem may be the auxiliary relay or auxiliary battery. Learn how to replace the Mercedes-Benz Auxiliary Battery relay.
The Mercedes auxiliary battery relay is typically mounted at the top of the firewall, right below the windshield wiper motor. If you have replaced the auxiliary battery and are still getting the message, “Auxilary battery malfunction,” there is a chance that the auxiliary relay may be the culprit.
What you will need
- Mercedes-Benz K57/2 Auxiliary Battery Relay
- Mechanic Tool Set Metric
- Park the Mercedes-Benz and set the parking brakes. Remove the key from the ignition.
- Open the hood by pulling the release under the dashboard.
- Next, you need to remove the wiper arms. Remove the 13mm bolt on the wiper arm. Pull up the arm to remove it from the shaft.
- Remove the plastic trim. There are four plastic retainers that will need to be removed before you can remove the plastic trim.
- Locate the auxiliary battery relay mounted on the firewall. Remove the two bolts that hold the auxiliary battery in place. Unplug the electrical connector and replace it.
This guide only shows how to replace the auxiliary battery relay.
How do you replace the Auxiliary Battery on a Mercedes Benz?
First, you must determine where the auxiliary battery is located on your Mercedes-Benz. Next, follow one of these guides on how to replace the auxiliary battery on a Mercedes-Benz.
- How to Replace Aux Battery on the Side of Dashboard, Driver’s Side.
- How to Replace Aux Battery Under Front Passenger Seat
- How to Replace Auxilary Battery in the Engine Bay
- How to Replace Auxilary Battery Behind Driver’s Seat
We hope you find the Mercedes-Benz Auxiliary Battery Relay Replacement | K57/2 guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mercedes-Benz.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!