What is Night View Assist in Mercedes-Benz?
Night view assist on Mercedes-Benz is a safety feature that allows you to drive safely on dark roads. The system uses LED and infrared technology to discover objects in front of the vehicle. It identifies obstacles, people on the road, broken-down vehicles in the middle of the road, and large animals, giving you live video on the instrument cluster. Mercedes-Benz night view assist gives the driver a heads-up of an obstacle as far as 525 feet.
What does Mercedes-Benz night view assist inoperative mean?
This warning light on your dashboard display makes you aware that the night view assist on your Mercedes-Benz is not functioning. The safety feature fails to function due to a problem with the system. Drive safely tonight and be alert because you won’t be able to use the night view assist on your vehicle.
Night view assists inoperative causes and solutions
- Dirty windshield or fogged up – Make sure that no object obstructs the camera lens in your windshield. Replacing new wiper blades will improve the camera view. Turn on the windshield defogger to remove fog or ice on your windshield.
- Loose wire/blown fuse/relay – Locate the wirings of your camera lens to the system module, and make sure the line and socket are secured or there is no damage. Refer to the owner’s manual to locate the fuse and relays; a blown fuse or bad relay will cause the system to fail.
- Headlight quality – Your Mercedes-Benz night view assist uses an infrared lens on your headlights, replacing inefficient or busted bulbs according to your vehicle’s specifications. Make sure that the infrared is free of any obstruction.
- System Software – This may be due to a software error in the instrument cluster. To resolve the issue, flash the instrument cluster with SDS version 03/2006 or higher via the menu.
Path: Control units -> Information and Communication -> Instrument Cluster -> Control Unit Adaptations -> Control Module Programming. A visit to a service center will help you update the software.
The basic function of Night View Assist
With the aid of a camera, Night View Assist allows the driver to recognize the direction of the road or obstacle in the dark. The multifunction display shows a monochrome image of the vehicle’s surrounding front area. Infrared cameras assist in detecting animals and pedestrians.
Access Factory Repair Manuals
The YOUCANIC Pro Manuals offer OEM Factory Repair Manuals with detailed steps and illustrations, comprehensive wiring diagrams, torque specifications, and access to technical service bulletins and OEM service information, mirroring dealership manuals.
The system may not function properly due to
- Poor visibility caused by heavy rain, fog, or snow.
- Dirty headlights or windshields.
- Sharp curve and on uphill gradients or downhill gradients.
- An object partially obstructs pedestrians.
- At high ambient temperature.
How to switch automatic activation on/off
First, make sure to activate pedestrian detection on your Mercedes-Benz. Second, the road is dark, and the speed of your vehicle is at least 60 kph. Your vehicle’s night vision image will automatically shown in the multi-function display as soon as people and animals are detected.
Night View Assist System Limitations
The Night View Assist can detect pedestrians using characteristics of the person standing upright. People sitting or lying on the road will not be detected. Only large animals like cows, horses, moose, and deer are detected. The Night View Assist cannot detect small animals like cats or dogs. The System cannot display objects directly in front or beside the vehicle.
The Night View Assist on your Mercedes-Benz is only an aid, not a substitute for attentive driving. Do not rely on the Night View Assist display. Be responsible for the distance to the vehicle before you, and maintain a safe braking distance.
Drive carefully and adapt your driving style to suit the current road and traffic conditions. You are responsible for your safety and everyone around you while driving. Lights from an oncoming vehicle do not affect the Night View Assist system display in your vehicle’s multifunction display.
The infrared headlights only switch on when the vehicle is in motion at approximately six mph or (10 kph). This means you will not have the full visual while the vehicle is parked and cannot check whether the night view assist is working.
- What is Mercedes-Benz Night View Assist technology?
- Problems with Night View Assist Plus
- Night view assist plus https://www.mersuv.com/mbread-328.html