Most common problems why your Hybrid Mercedes-Benz won’t start. This guide discusses the top 2 causes why a hybrid vehicle won’t start.
Why does my vehicle not start?
One reason why your vehicle is not starting is because of the hybrid system failure. Many units on the Mercedes-Benz Hybrid are connected to the high voltage or hybrid system, so if one unit in the high voltage (HV) system is not working, that will bring down the whole HV network and prevent engine start.
For example, if you have a bad AC compressor connected to the hybrid system, that will cause the vehicle not to start because the system is not working properly.
Also, having your vehicle parked for a very long time can cause the battery to wear out. In this case, the hybrid battery will show a 15% charge or below, and that causes the vehicle not to start.
Two most common problems with Hybrid Systems
- Power Electronic Module Failure
- High Voltage Hybrid Battery Failure
As you can see in the video, almost all vehicles are diagnosed due to a faulty power electronic module.
Hybrid Battery replacement can cost around $15,000, and Power Electronic Module replacement can cost $10,000 to $12,000.
Diagnose and Repair Hybrid Vehicle
- Diagnosing the vehicle using an advanced scanner
– scanning the vehicle tells the causes why the vehicle is not starting, which will help you ease the work.
- Knowing the shop before you let your vehicle in
– before you let the vehicle be repaired know the shop first because many mechanics do not know about repairing a Hybrid vehicle or High Voltage vehicle.
- Hybrid Vehicles are high voltage.
– it is better to let someone who can deal (have more knowledge) with high voltage vehicles do the work rather than doing it yourself because the high voltage is dangerous and deadly.
The YOUCANIC Full System Scanner can read and clear fault codes through every vehicle’s control module, including hybrid vehicles.
Hybrid Vehicles are great cars, but when it comes to repairing, not all mechanics have the knowledge and can’t work on hybrid vehicles. We have tutorials on replacing the parts, but you must be aware of that when working with high voltage.
High voltage can cause injuries or can also cause death, and that is one of the reasons why many mechanics and repair shops will turn you down and tell you that they don’t want to work on hybrid systems. If you decide to work on hybrid vehicles, you must get training first on how to handle high-voltage electric vehicles.
We hope you find the Top 2 Causes Why A Hybrid Vehicle Won’t Start guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your vehicle.