Is your Mercedes-Benz GLK250 power decreased, low gas mileage, and check engine light staying on due to a faulty engine air filter? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing your Mercedes-Benz engine air filter. This guide provides instructions on how to replace the engine air filter on a Mercedes-Benz GLK250 BlueTec.
What you will need
- Engine Air filter
- Flat screwdriver
- Torx screwdriver
- Open the hood. Go to the driver’s seat and pull the hood release under the dashboard. Then go in front of the vehicle and unlock the hood latch. The lever under the dashboard is the hood release.
- Remove the cover of the engine. Unlock the plastic clip below the engine oil cap by twisting it 90° to the right, using a flat screwdriver to turn the clip.
Then, pull the cover back to let the rubber grommets slide out of the cover.
- Remove the cover of the engine air filter. Loosen all seven T-25 screws using a Torx screwdriver. Then pull the cap out and put it away to easily remove the engine air filter. The arrows indicate the location of T25 screws on the engine air filter cap; some of the T25 screws can be located under the cables. You must move the wires away to get to all of them.
- Remove the old air filter. Push the air filter forward, then pull the tip of the engine air filter up. Use two hands to remove the air filter more easily.
- Install the new air filter. To put the new air filter in, push it in and pull it back towards the gasket to lock it in. Make sure that the new air filter is properly seated.
- Reinstall the engine air filter cap. Align the cap back in its place; there’s a tab that will guide you where you will align the cap back, and when you’re done, tighten the seven T25 screws back in using a Torx 25 driver.
- Reinstall the engine cover. To put the cover back, push the cover into the rubber grommets, then turn the plastic clip 90° to the left to lock the cover in. Turn a flat screwdriver 90° to the left to lock the engine cap in.
We hope you find the Mercedes-Benz GLK250 BlueTec Replace Engine Air Filter guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mercedes-Benz.
Access Factory Repair Manuals
The YOUCANIC Pro Manuals offer OEM Factory Repair Manuals with detailed steps and illustrations, comprehensive wiring diagrams, torque specifications, and access to technical service bulletins and OEM service information, mirroring dealership manuals.