Does the oil service light illuminate on your BMW dashboard? Learn how to fix it by following the procedures below.
- Insert key in the ignition. Press start without pressing the brake pedal. Do not start the engine.
- Wait for any messages, including the oil service reminder, to disappear.
- Immediately after the service light goes out, press and hold the odometer (ODO) reset button. After five seconds, you will see the oil or brake symbol in the dashboard’s center.
- RESET or use the stalk on the left of the steering column (CHECK / BC) buttons to scroll to throw the service items. Stop once you see the oil symbol.
- Once the oil symbol displays on the dashboard, press and hold the ODO reset button for another 5 seconds.
- A message on the dashboard will say, “RESET?”
- Release, then press and hold the ODO RESET button again.
The oil and service vehicle symbol will change from RED to Orange once the reset is completed successfully.
Reset the BMW Oil Light using a Scanner.
An alternative method to reset the BMW oil light is to use a BMW Scanner capable of performing a CBS Reset. The YOUCANIC Full System Scanner can diagnose (read and clear) all control modules of your BMW vehicle.
We hope you find the Reset BMW Oil Service Light Instructions helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your BMW.